THE 3RD TREATMENT

Looking back on the years 2010 to 2013, I was aware I had so far survived an out of the blue life threatening health scare, and although I was still ill with Hepatitis C, there was much to be optimistic about. For example, many new and wonderful drugs were now coming to the market with fantastic statistics on cure rates during trials.

Although my transplant had removed the old infected liver, the new one was already under attack from the virus. Hepatitis C is a blood borne virus (BBV), therefore it circulates in the blood, but finds the liver a perfect place to call ‘home’. So removing the old liver did not remove the virus, this had continued to circulate in my blood stream and soon zeroed in on a fresh new liver to attack. Therefore the disease and my symptoms remained, albeit the symptoms not as acute as before the operation.
So I waited patiently throughout 2013 for my body to recover and by the end of the year it had, notwithstanding the at times still extreme fatigue. Anyway, the recovery continued apace into 2014 to the point where I was chomping at the bit for the chance of another go at treatment to finally rid me of this pernicious disease. 

I knew from my conversations with the liver team at Birmingham there were various trials coming available. But obviously there would be many more deserving patients wanting places than places available, so there was no guarantee of getting on one when it came. But I did know my doctors were fighting very hard on my behalf to get me included.

Bingo, in April 2014 I’m nominated for a trial with a completely new combination of drugs and accepted onto it a programme starting in May. Blood tests taken at week 4 indicated the virus had gone, and further tests at weeks 8, 12, 16 & 20 also showed negative for Hepatitis C. I took my last pills on Sunday November 2nd 2014 and will have to return to hospital for blood tests at 4, 8, 12 and 24 weeks to double check the virus doesn’t return after I stop taking the treatment. That scenario is always a possibility, but unlikely, in the vast majority of cases the virus is cleared permanently. My last clearance check blood test will be taken on Monday April 20th 2015, and assuming the right result, this will be the end of being in limbo, 5 years and 2 months since I first realised something was wrong when I collapsed in Bali.

1 comment :

  1. Hello friends!!!! my name is Lisa Lebel am from USA , i want to share this great and wonderful testimony to the general public on how i got cured from my sickness called (HEPATITIS B) by DR OJEMEN healing herbal medicine , I have been suffering from (HEPATITIS B) for good 6 years now and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the constant pain, especially in my LIVER . all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life was no longer intestine to me any more but I just pray to God every day to accept my soul when ever I die, luckily to me , my kid sister ran to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure (HEPATITIS B, HERPES,CANCER, and HIV/AIDS ) she helped me out on everything, the great Dr OJEMEN only ask for my Details and some items , so that he can prepare a Herbal medicine for me and send it to me in my country , which he did.. so after two days of getting the medicine and taking it as prescribe to me from him , I started getting more stronger my blood started flowing normally , i started experiencing changes all over my Body as the great DR OJEMEN assured me that i should go for medical check up that i have been cured, so after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed , behold it was TRUE and i was very Happy ,so if you have HERPES , HEPATITIS B ,CANCER , HIV/AIDS or any kind of sickness YOU HAVE , you can contact him and also he do cast love spell , and any kind of spell you can think off or any illness get cured, i advice you all to contact him on Via mail at (drojemenspellhome@hotmail.com)or call him +2349052116214.

    ReplyDelete